A Complete Development Management Service
Development management encompasses a wide spectrum of stages including pre-application discussions, the preparation, submission and determination of planning applications, the discharge of planning conditions and the final delivery of development projects.
The National Planning Policy Framework expects local authorities to approach decisions on proposed developments in a positive and creative way, seeking to approve applications for sustainable development wherever possible.
AM-P welcomes this positive emphasis in approach, as it is consistent with our own outlook. We have always taken a proactive approach to development, advising clients at the earliest opportunity of the key considerations of each aspect of their proposal – from its initial inception through to final delivery. This approach is adopted whether the proposal involves an individual property or 5,000 new homes as part of an urban extension or new settlement. It also forms part of our strategy for mixed use, commercial and retail projects, where the first consideration is an assessment of the likely issues, so that the submission is comprehensive, efficient and most of all effective.
We offer clients a very broad breadth of knowledge and experience, which covers any form of development, regardless of its scale or complexity. Many proposals can be supported by illustrative material prepared by AM-P’s in-house urban design team. Our key development management services include:
- Planning site appraisals
- Pre-application discussions with local authorities
- Preparation of planning applications for changes of use, full and outline applications and reserved matters, including planning and design and access statements
- Preparation of evidence and the submission of certificates of lawfulness
- Preparation of applications for prior approval, under permitted development rights
- Advice on non-material amendments or minor material amendments, including where these are required to regularise work that has already taken place on-site
- Advice on all enforcement matters
- Preparation of representations opposing or supporting neighbouring planning applications
- Advice on conservation area and listed building proposals
- Advising and acting for objectors and community groups to resist harmful development proposals
The objective on every project is to add value and to achieve our client’s objectives.
If a project has limited planning potential, we provide advice on how to amend the proposal to give it the best prospect of success or where this is not possible, we tell our clients at the outset to ensure they do not incur unnecessary time and cost.